The Holidays are here! Today we released our Holiday 2022 lineup and it is awesome! It includes the following:
- Cran - our November small batch. An ode to Thanksgiving past and present
- Prune d'HIver - the second addition to our elevated, luxury line of candles
- Les Incompétents - one of our winter staples. Woody, Spicy, Lovely
- Little Full, Lotta Sap - pure Christmas tree vibes.
- Peppermint Bark - a new winter seasonal. A little sweet treat for my peeps
To kick the season off in style, we're offering 20% off ALL CANDLES on the website, no code required. Discount automatically applied at checkout. What's not to love about that?!?
Be on the lookout for the following over the next week:
- Magi - our December small batch. Resplendent with Frankincense and Myrrh, this is THE December candle.
- A special, one day discount on Black Friday - Black Friday is obviously great, but its especially great at City Candle Company because it marks our 1 year anniversary!! Woo hoo! We launched on Black Friday 2021 and what a year its been.
I also want to let everyone know that we'll be at the Christmas Cahabazaar Market at Cahaba Brewery on Saturday, December 3rd from noon - 5pm. Come out, grab a beer, and stock up on those candles and gifts before they're gone!
What I'm reading - Crossroads by Jonathan Franzen. I've been aware of Franzen and his work for quite a while. After all, he shows up on any worthy list of best novelists of the 21st century. However, I've never jumped in. I was in the library last week and saw this on a shelf of staff picks. This is a period piece about family strife and turmoil. Timeless. I'm about a quarter of the way through it and love it so far.
What I'm watching - MTV The Challenge Season 38: Ride or Dies. I'm back on my bullsh*t! I can't get enough of certified rubbish television and The Challenge is a smoldering dumpster fire. Johnny Bananas is back. So, too, is Jordan Wiseley. Its appointment television every Wednesday as far as I'm concerned. Miss me with HoD or White Lotus. Give me all The Challenge you got, please.
What I'm burning - Cran. This is one of a our summer seasonals that we released a few months back. It is more of a masculine scent, combining sea salt and musky notes. The more I burn it, the more I like it. It transports me to the Gulf of Mexico and puts me right at the water's edge, at least in my mind.
What I'm listening to - Cozy Jazz Music on Youtube. I work from home. Sometimes from my desk. Most recently, I've transitioned to our dining room table. I've gotten in a habit of lighting a candle, making a cup of coffee, and putting some tunes on in the background. The cozy jazz music sets a coffee shop vibe and I'm here for it.
What I'm thinking about - 2023. Specifically, the Market at Pepper Place in 2023 because we'll be a vendor! This is THE farmer's market in Birmingham. We'll be down there once a month from April - December 2023 slinging candles and good vibes. I'll be sure to publish a list of our dates well in advance of each market event.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com, or via any of our social media channels. Also, for any local Birmingham folks, we offer local pickup in Crestwood so we can meet all of your candle needs at a moment's notice. Hit us up!
-Seth, City Candle Co.